Rehabilitation and Resettlement
HMP Oakwood has an active Resettlement Unit which concentrates on housing, benefits and employment issues, using extensive links with the outside community.
The Resettlement and Information, Advice & Guidance Teams deliver a Basic Employability Course which provides support and guidance to secure employment and training on release. The Resettlement Team are also supported by staff from Job Centre Plus.
HMP Oakwood is committed to rehabilitation and reducing re-offending. The Regional Offender Manager has established seven pathways which are designed to address specific criminogenic needs. The following seven of those pathways are applicable within HMP Oakwood:
- Accommodation and Support
- Employment, Training & Education
- Mental & Physical Health
- Alcohol & Drugs
- Finance, Benefit and Debt
- Children and Families of Offenders
- Attitudes, Thinking and Behaviour
In addition to this the Regional Offender Manager has highlighted the following areas of focus:
- End-to-End Management of Offenders
- Prolific and Priority Offenders
- Public Protection
- Reducing Re-Offending Alliances