Family Pathway Centre
The Family Pathway Centre at HMP Oakwood is run by the Help & Advice Line for Offender’s Wives, Partners and Families (known as HALOW (Oakwood) and is a Registered Charity (No: 1002675). The Charity was set up in 1985 to provide information, counselling and support to prisoners’ families and friends.
The Family Pathway Centre offers the following services:
- Information, Guidance and Sign Posting service e.g. Housing, Finance, Alcohol and Substance Misuse, Domestic Violence etc;
- Children and Families Services: Children’s Days, Partner Days, Photographs on Visits, Children’s Work and Family Interventions;
- Support and advice with prison procedures;
- We provide someone to talk to in confidence if you need support;
- We provide facilities to meet the needs of visitors’ needs, e.g having an on-site wheelchair available for disabled visitors and a multi faith prayer area; and
- We offer all visitors the chance to give feedback to help shape the future for the better.
When you arrive at the Family Pathway Centre, the staff will guide you through the booking in procedure. All adult visitors will have their photograph and fingerprints taken on the biometrics system. This will make future visits easier as you will not have to bring all your identification on every visit just the first time you attend.