All professional or official visitors to HMP Oakwood are required to bring identification.
Members of either House or Parliament:
- House of Parliament ID card
- Identity card issued by firm/chambers
- Introductory letter on headed paper of firm/chambers
- Photo bearing ID
Police, Immigration and Customs Officers:
- Warrant card
- Introductory letter on headed paper of relevant Police Force signed by DCI
- Probation department warrant card
Staff from other prisons. HQ or Home Office staff:
- Prison Service security or Home Office passes
- Consular ID card
Other Public Officials:
- Department or Local Authority pass or ID card (but only if it shows the name of the visitor and the name of the department or Local authority).